Are you one of the millions of people affected by spider veins? Would you feel more confident wearing shorts, skirt or bathing suits if your spider veins were gone? Do spider veins on your face or body make you self-conscious? Skin Deep Medical Aesthetics can treat those spider veins with the Candela GentleMax Pro® laser quickly and comfortably. Get ready to show off your new gorgeous legs! See our full Menu of services-2017 (PDF)
There is a $50 fee charged for cancellations with less than 24 hours notice and a $200 charge for any no shows. *Individual results may vary.
Laser Vein Removal FAQs
Please inform us at the time of your appointment if any of the following conditions apply:
- Receiving anti-coagulant therapy
- Crippling osteoarthritis
- Severe bronchial asthma
- Advanced lupus or lupus type diseases
- Blood clots
What results will I see with vein removal?
With vein removal treatment, gradual improvement will be noticed. Many patients find 60% to 80% of the treated vessels resolved. During your vein removal consultation, you will be advised as to the number of treatments necessary to achieve your desired results.
Who are good candidates for vein removal treatment? Light and dark skinned individuals can now safely and effectively benefit from Laser Therapy and Sclerotherapy. Patients with dark suntans or photosensitivity disorders, diabetes, bleeding disorders, or currently taking photosensitizing medications are not good vein removal candidates. Schedule a consultation to determine if you are a candidate and how you can benefit from these treatments.
Laser Vein Removal Instructions
- Remove all makeup & moisturizers from the treatment site.
- Avoid flying for 48 hours after the treatment.
- Pregnant or breastfeeding women should not receive treatment.
- Avoid aspirin, ibuprofen, arthritis medications, or other blood thinning drugs (vitamin E, Gingo Biloba) for two days before and after treatment.
- Avoid alcohol and do not smoke for two days before and after treatment.
- To avoid discomfort, do not shave the treatment area the day of your appointment. Do not apply lotions to the treatment area before appointment.
- Eat a light meal/snack one hour before treatment.
- Bring loose fitting shorts/pants to wear after treatment.
- If you develop a fever or other illness before your appointment you must reschedule.
- Ice or chilled gel-packs may be applied after treatment to increase patient comfort and provide increased skin protection.
- If crusting occurs, an antibiotic ointment or lubricating cream may be recommended.
- Post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation is a common response (especially with darker skin types) to vascular laser treatments and tends to resolve over time.
- You may resume your normal daily activities immediately, but avoid strenuous aerobic exercise until further advised.
- Take Extra Strength Tylenol for pain. AVOID ASPIRIN, ADVIL, or IBUPROFEN. These tend to thin blood and can lead to excessive bruising.
- Call if you experience any severe reactions such as profound pain, intense itching, redness, or fever.
- Avoid hot conditions such as saunas, Jacuzzis, or hot showers for 7-10 days after treatment.
- The recommended time interval between treatments is 4-6 weeks, depending on the rate of clearance following each treatment.
- Consistent repeated treatments will produce best resolution of leg veins.